There are many Catholic organizations that serve the entire Diocese of Lubbock. All are welcoming to parishioners from Christ the King Cathedral.
Catholic Daughters of the Americas
Catholic Daughters strive to embrace the principle of faith, working through love in the promotion of justice, equality and the advancement of human rights and human dignity for all. Members are encouraged to develop leadership skills, dedication and great enthusiasm for the work of Christ and His Church. Youth is an important part of our organization. The Junior Catholic Daughters is an opportunity for girls ages 6-18 to do something positive for themselves, live their faith, and develop character.
The organization that prays and works together, will grow together. Answer our Lord's call with faith, generosity and love by joining the Catholic Daughters of Americas. Contact Patty Marrufo, 441-6785.
Catholic Medical Association of Lubbock
The members of the Catholic Medical Association of Lubbock come together in order to grow in the spirit of Christ the Physician in our personal and professional lives, to bring His Spirit to all that is touched by our science and art, and to assist the local Bishop, and the whole Christian community with leadership, especially with the particular knowledge, skill and experience of Catholic Physicians and all Catholic medical personnel.
Uphold the principles of the Catholic faith as related to science and medicine.
- Lead the Christian community in communicating Catholic medical ethics in the profession, clergy, and public.
- Assist Catholic hospitals in applying Catholic moral principles to the practice of medicine.
- Enable Catholic physicians to know one another better to work together with deeper support and understanding.
- Attend to the spiritual needs of the Catholic medical community.
- Express our Catholic faith in action through reaching out to the poor and disadvantaged among us (such as develop a free clinic for the poor).
- Provide lectures on medical ethics and other topics pertinent to the medical community (CME).
Lubbock Diocese Catholic Singles Group
The Lubbock Diocese Singles Group welcomes all singles, ages 21 and over, including never-married, widowed, divorced and single parents. As a group, we plan a variety of activities each month to promote social, spiritual and service-based interaction among our members. Contact Gloria Avila at 698-6400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lubbock Catholic War Veterans
The primary objective of the Catholic War Veterans is to make the entire nation acutely aware of the struggle and needs of many veterans, their widows and children. It is also our responsibility to help protect, preserve and defend the Constitution of the United States and the laws of our government. The group also organizes the annual Memorial Day and Veteran's Day Masses. Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month. For information call Bill Youngren, 746-5317, or Gabby Saldana, 795-0125.